The crystal meth addiction occurs right from the first use. This kind of drug can be inhaled, smoked or injected. And like any other drug, it may feel great at first but it will kill you at the end. The crystal meth is actually considered one of the hardest drugs to treat.
THE TEMPORARY GOOD
When the drug is consumed it creates a false feeling of happiness and well-being. You will also feel energized and with a lot of confidence. The reason why of that feeling is because the brain releases an excessive amount of a chemical called dopamine, this is a neurotransmitter that controls the pleasure of a person. The problem here is that the great feeling is only temporally. That rush and pleasure will only last from 6 to 12 hours. When the effect of the drug is gone, a person will feel depress, a problem that can only be solved by taking more drugs.
The crystal meth addition develops a variety of serious health problems. This drug is like a monster that will eat you from the inside out. First of all, the crystal meth changes the chemistry of a person brain. The wiring of the pleasure center of the brain will be destroyed, and it will become impossible for a person to experience any pleasure after a while using the drug. Some of the others many health problems that the crystal meth causes are:
- memory loss
- aggression psychotic behavior
- heart damage
- the increase of the heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature
- mood swings
If you are considered a fine-looking person, be certain that your appearance will change in a bad way. First of all, this drug destroys your tissues and your blood vessels. In consequence, acne and sores will appear in your face, you skin will lose its luster and elasticity making you look a lot of years older. These physical conditions won’t get better while using the drug. In fact, the situation will get worse as the time goes by. Furthermore, the crystal meth will also decrease your appetite, so you will be losing a lot of weight.
Also, your teeth will decay. You will have a mouth full of broken, discolored, and rotting teeth. The use of crystal meth dry out the salivary glands, making the mouth’s acids eats the teeth enamel. That will cause cavities all over your mouth.
CRYSTAL METH FACTS
- The crystal meth is also called crank, chalk, speed, Tina, ice, glass, and crystal.
- The single use of the drug will create a high dependence making harder to stop.
- Do you know what the crystal meth is made from? It is made from chemicals like drain cleaner, lighter fluid, brake fluid, lye, and ephedrine.
- Like any other drug, the crystal meth can be treated. Some of the health problems and physical conditions will get better. However, if you have been using the drug for a long time, your brain will never be the same.
- To make things worse, because the increase in sexual appetite, you will have a great possibility of getting infected with HIV.
The crystal meth addition will change your life forever. People that have used the drug and haven’t asked for help have lost everything: jobs, friends, and families. Instead of using drugs that only bring temporarily feelings, search for things that will leave in you a permanent feeling of accomplishment and happiness.